Developmental Connections focuses on developing, maintaining and expanding a variety of Residential, Vocational and/or Related Services that enhance community participation of Taney County residents who have a developmental disability.
Get Started Guide – (Download SCAT-Services-Brochure-2015)
Who is eligible?
Anyone having a diagnosed developmental disability meeting the following criteria. A developmental disability is a disability which:
- Is attributable to mental retardation, cerebral palsy, epilepsy, head injury, autism, or a learning disability related to a brain dysfunction, or any other mental or physical or mental impairment
- Occurs before age 22
- Has been determined that this disability is likely to continue indefinitely and
- Results in a substantial functional limitation in two or more of the following six areas of major life activities: self care, receptive and expressive language development and use, learning, self-direction, capacity for independent living or economic self-sufficiency and mobility.
Eligibility is determined by what’s known as a functional assessment as opposed to linking eligibility to a specific diagnosis.
How do I get started?
- Obtain a medical diagnosis of the developmental disability in writing from a doctor.
- Contact the MO Division of Developmental Disabilities, Springfield Regional Office:
1515 E. Pythian, Springfield, MO 65801
Phone: 417-895-7400 Fax: 417-895-7412
Once you are eligible through the MO Division of DD, you will be assigned a case manager through our office. If you feel that we can be of assistance to you or your family member, please contact us at 417-334-8985.
What services are available?
The following are some of the paid services that may be authorized in an individual’s plan to address needs:
- Autism services
- Respite services
- Crisis intervention
- Self-Directed Services
- Medicaid Home & Community Based Waiver programs
- Home Skills Development, Day Services, Job Discovery and Preparation, Community Employment and Community Integration are also provided.
(Each service may have additional eligibility guidelines and be subject to available funds.)