MO Parents Act (MPACT)
Provides parent training, information, and peer support to help parents advocate for their child’s educational services.
MO Parents as Teachers Program
Provides parents with child development knowledge and parenting support.
MO Head Start
Child development program for children 0- 5, providing academic, social and emotional development services, as well as social, health and nutrition services for income-eligible families.
Child Care Aware of MO
Helps families locate child care settings that are appropriate for their child.
MO Department of Elementary and Secondary Education (DESE)
Rehabilitation, Independent Living and other programs.
• Division of Special Education oversees special education programs.
• First Steps is MO’s Early Intervention system for infants and toddlers.
• Transition – Provides information on transition options, programs, resources, trainings, and community efforts.
MO Child Care Health Consultation Program
Offers free training and consultation to child care providers and families on health and safety topics as well as consultation and children’s health promotions.
U.S. Social Security Administration
Administers all Social Security programs:
• Supplemental Security Income (SSI)
• Social Security Disability Insurance (SSDI)
• Ticket to Work, designed for people who receive Social Security Disability Insurance (SSDI) or Supplemental Security Income (SSI) benefits, but want to go to work.
MO DESE – Vocational Rehabilitation
Provides services to assist eligible people with disabilities to obtain and maintain employment.
MO State Chapter – Association of People Supporting Employment
Provides training and advocacy to improve and expand integrated employment opportunities, services, and outcomes for people with disabilities.